Green Career Solutions
Education and Training
Top 7 Education Support Opportunities Students Want
Support for Learners
This benchmark indicate the extent to which students use key academic and student
support services as well as how important they consider these services to be. The survey items address advising, academic and career planning, academic skill development,
financial aid, and other services that can affect learning and retention.
- 71% say that their college provides the support they need to succeed in college quite a bit or very much.
At the same time:
- 45% report that their college provides the financial support they need to afford their education
- 28% say their colleges provide this support very little.
- 25% say that their college helps them cope with their nonacademic responsibilities (work, family, etc.) quite a bit or very much
- 41% say their colleges provide this support very little.
Highest ranking support for learners include:
Making use of these services provides better quality education and learning outcomes. And more bang for your buck!
- Computer lab
- Financial aid advising
- Skill labs (writing, math, etc)
- Academic advising/planning
- Career counseling
- Transfer credit assistance
- Peer or other tutoring
Read the complete survey results at Green Job Wizard.
Edited by Carolyn Allen, Managing Editor of Solutions For Green